Currently deployed in Iraq by US Military armed forces, The Digital IR 360 remote sensing thermal imaging PTZ FLIR payload represents the state of the art in rugged military grade WSTI, SRTI, MRTI & LRTI solutions. Affordable pricing & versatility make the IR 360 sensor suite a fantastic choice. Thermal images are displayed in Black & white or color. The 360 is available in a wide range of COTS configurations including mobile, pan-tilt-zoom and fixed mount scenarios. Coupled with an optional stabilized high resolution CCD live color camera w/user selectable zoom, The IR 360 an ideal platform for Quick deployment with absolutely no maintenance & ease of operation.
The IR 360 full range remote surveillance infrared camera system uses only fully qualified mil-spec connectors and internal components. The solid construction of the unit extends from the power head to the control box. Features include:
- Thermal FLIR IR and stabilized CCD color imaging payload w/Robust all weather construction
- Multiple stand alone, pan-tilt, stationary, mobile, marine options including continuous rotation
- Meets TASS (US Armed forces) certification
- Meets COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) requirements
- Wide detection acquisition Ranges, Long Range and Short Range options
- Multiple installation configurations with alerting for threat assessments
- Can be operated with hand controller, computer PC and a wide array of your existing protocol security suite
ir360 PT Thermal Imaging system mounted on top HMMVW
The Deluxe IR-360 hand controller gives you complete control over all system functions. The controller is designed to be operated with mission protective garments. Features include:
- Pan / Tilt Joystick control
- Multiple user selectable speeds
- User adjustable preset pan control
- Black hot / White hot toggle
- Digital Zoom function
- Focus (for motor focus lens options)
- Manual / Auto image mode toggle
- + / – Image gain control
- + / – Image level control
- Power on / off switch
- -Custom configuration upon request
|Detector 1||High resolution, 320 x 240 un cooled focal plane array|
|Detector 2||High Resolution high sensitivity InSb core|
|Lens Options||13mm, 18mm, 25mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 150mm, Dual Field of View 50-150mm and 60-180mm Germanium Optic|
|Housing||environmentally hardened, shock resistant, double enclosure|
|Pan Tilt||Stainless Gears and Chains for accurate positioning and low maintenance|
|Deluxe Controller||Variable speed Pan, Adjustable auto pan, Gain-Level, Image Polarity, 2x zoom, Motor Focus – Compatible|
|Software Control||PC control of all pan tilt and camera functions|
|Alarm||Intruder alarm and tracking module available threshold or motion detection|
|Continuous Rotation||360 degree continuous rotation available|
|High Speed Rotation||High speed (100 degree per second) rotation option|
|Max Human Sized Target Detection||4,500 Meters|
IR 360 TRI Sensor Thermal Infrared Imager / CCD system specifications
- Department Of Defense (DOD) Compliance:
- BISS-IMG-27553 A
- Thermal infrared imaging camera sensor along with CCD live visual sensor (Tri sensor package) (daytime color ccd, nighttime low light sensor, nighttime no light thermal)
- Operates on input voltage of 9-28 volts or 110v
- Supports a 100% duty cycle.
- MTBF 2400hrs. (non-continuous) 8400hrs.(continuous)
- Operating temperature -32º C to + 49ºC
- Dual control system – operates via hand controller or software-pc/laptop
- Turn-key System
- Sand color complies with MIL-C-46168-33301 Military Paint. White and black also available
- Numerous Lens Options – upgradeable
- All Cabling must be aprox 12 feet in length. Main system cable must be aprox. 20 feet in length.
- All connectors must be Mil Spec (with exclusion of video cables and db-9 for computer hookup)
- DOD Thermal Imager Certified Chamber Testing:
- MIL-C-46168 D
- Extremely rugged double-wall housing / double O ring seals
- Hardened carbon/diamond coated germanium window
- O-ring sealed
- On-board thermostatically controlled temperature – mechanical and camera enclosure
- On-board dryers and humidity monitoring indicators that are designed to last the life of the product.
- Designed such that any missing/loose enclosure hardware cannot compromise the environmental integrity of the enclosure.
- FPA hybrid un-cooled 320×240 digital detector electronics. Must have a digital sensor with 2x zoom feature set.
- Detector must comply with image blemish standards of 0-zone1 1-zone2 2-zone3, This specs both covers FPA blemish and uncorrected pixels. Detector must have auto imaging or manual settings (user selectable)
- All electronics are to be fully contained and sealed within 2 modules (camera and electronics) with double housing O rings. No external electronics other than these modules will be permitted due to stray voltage failure, thus all electronics must be chassis grounded.
- Long-wave 8-12 microns
- Conforms to standards: EIA RS-170-57, EIA RS-232 E, EIA-RS-422-A-78, EIA-STD-485
- IR360CCD Integrated dual day/night color high-resolution ccd video camera attachment mounted onto the thermal imager with user selectable outputs.
.008 lux, minimum 480 tv lines std NTSC rs170. CCd camera must have capable optical zoom capability non distorted/bloom digital zoom & Internal Sensor switching between both TI/CCD via controller/monitor platform. Integrated modular option.
- Housing of the ccd sensor complies with the specs of the thermal imager housing
- Color TFT active matrix flat screen display with dual sensor controller. Brackets for 2 ¼-20 mounting.
Thermal Imager Optics
- F1.0 Germanium – Std. 50mm / Optional long range and extended range available
- IR360 Must utilize Diamond coated hardened carbon Germanium window. Window must be O-ring sealed with threaded retainer for field replacement of window.
- Meets Spec BISS-IMG-27551 A 18.104.22.168
- Minimum resolvable temperature difference (MRTD) 1.0 cycles per milliradian at 65º Celsius.
- Excellent resolution in adverse conditions (i.e. fog, rain and snow).
- The range of thermal imager target performance meets specification BISS-IMG-7552.
- Upright man recognition at 500 meters Optical (750 meters w/DZ) w/50 mm lens.
-Longer and extended range is available
- Small vehicle recognition of 1000 meters (1500 meters w/DZ) w/50 mm lens.
-Longer and extended range is available
- Upright man recognition at 500 meters Optical (750 meters w/DZ) w/50 mm lens.
Pan Tilt System
- Compliant with the performance specification PRF BISS-IMG-27553
- For use on military Deployable Fixed Security Thermal Imaging
- Compliant with TASS Tactical Automated Security Systems & TMTI Tactical Mobile Thermal Imager Specs PRF-BIS-img-27552
- Position accuracy Pan and tilt in the elevation and azimuth axis shall be within .5 degrees repeatable command angular position
- Must be for use on and compliant with Military High Mobility Multi-Wheeled vehicle (HMMWV-M 1116) and upper armored (HMMWV/UA-HMMWV)
- Compliant with HMMV mount drawing #2389836-2389837-2389838
- The PT must be compatible with auxiliary component use of the AN/USQ-139
- Stainless steel gears and chains in the P&T System
- Zero back lash single worm gear drive
- Prohibits mechanical movement of the camera head under rough terrain
- 1 to 1 tilt gear ratio and 30,000 pounds rated sealed yoke bearing
- Eliminates use of plastic bushings assures for the continued reliable use for extended periods of time
- Allows for exact control without unwanted camera movement while in transit
- Stationary mobile mounts and magnetic quick on/off mounts.
Software Control/Imaging Features
- Utilizes both black/white and color thermal imaging. The 256 color capability of the IR360 aids in target discrimination.
- On screen display (OSD)
- High resolution encoders resolve a continued minimally1º accuracy of pointing position and displays this in the image
- Picatinny rail-mount for position pointer and illuminator for target designation to friendly night vision scopes (optional).
- Portable hand controller (see below for functions)
- Can interface with our standard software and/or hand controllers or alternative pan & tilt system. Comes standard with software controller and portable joystick controller.
- Can operate with various other controllers and switchers with the use of Hurley interface translators
- Interfaces with IntrudeDetect Alert plug-in module. The operator can expand control capabilities to multiple set and stare points, motion alarming, thermal change alarming with selectable regions of interest with in the image, and system alarm target tracking
- Fiber-Optically Linked Control System with Multi Camera Control.
- Portable Hand Controller Features;
Optical Focus, Digital Zoom, B/W or multi-color thermal imagery, reverse image polarity, pan left/right, tilt up/down via a joystick controller, variable pan speed, selectable zero point, selectable auto-pan regions, manual/auto image gain and level, on-screen position display with repeatable position accuracy to .5 degrees.
- Portable Multi Camera Hand Controller Features;
The same features described above with Multiple Camera Hook-Up
Important: The IR360 is specified with this RFQ and No alternates to the above specifications that describe the IR360 are acceptable and the obligation of compliance must be detailed within your submittal of any non pre-approved alternate offerings. The IR360 is a turn-key system able to be assembled and fully operated upon it’s delivery without the requirement of additional components.
IR-360 Lens Comparison
The 360 Short Lenses are all High Resolution Germanium F/1.0, with fixed focal lengths
Optimized to a man size target at the maximum recognizable distance.
18mm = 46=>H x 35=>V = Man Recognition @ 180 Meters (2X engaged 270 Meters Detection),
Small Vehicle or Vessel 360 Meters (2X engaged 540 Meters Detection) =
FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 180m, FOV@ 100m 235’H x 175’V
25mm = 36=>H x 27=>V = Man Recognition @ 250 Meters(2X engaged 375 Meters Detection),
Small Vehicle or Vessel 500 Meters(2X engaged 750 Meters Detection) =
FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 250m, FOV @ 100m 165’H x 125’V
50mm = 18=>H x 13.5=>V = Man Recognition @ 500 Meters (2X engaged 750 Meters Detection),
Small Vehicle or Vessel 1000 Meters (2X engaged 1500 Meters Detection) =
FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 500m, FOV @ 100m 85’ H x 63’V
The 360 Medium Lenses are all High Resolution Germanium F/1.0, with Fixed and Electric focal lengths
Fixed are Optimized to a man size target at the maximum recognizable distance.
75mm = 12=>H x 9=>V = Man Recognition @ 750 Meters (2X engaged 1125 Meters Detection) ,
Small Vehicle or Vessel 1500 Meters (2X engaged 2250 Meters Detection) =
FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 750m, FOV @ 100m 55’H x 45’V
100mm = 9=>H x 6.6=>V = Man Recognition @ 1000 Meters (2X engaged 1500 Meters Detection) ,
Small Vehicle or Vessel 2000 Meters (2X engaged 3000 Meters Detection) =
FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 1000m, FOV @ 100m 40’ H x 30’V
The Long Lenses are all High Resolution Germanium F/1.0&F1.4 with electric focus Single FOV and Zoom lenses
Single FOV is 150mm and the Zoom is 60mm to 180mm.
150mm = 6=>H x 4.4=>V = Man Recognition @ 1500 Meters (2X engaged 2250 Meters Detection),
Small Vehicle or Vessel 3000 Meters (2X engaged 4500 Meters Detection) =
FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 1500m, FOV@ 100m 28’H x 21’V
60mm/180mm Zoom = 60mm (Wide Angle View) 15=>H x 11=>V = Man Recognition @ 600 Meters
(2X engaged 900 Meters Detection),
Small Vehicle or Vessel 1200 Meters (2X engaged 1800 Meters Detection) =FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V
FOV @ 100m = 70’H x 52’V.
180mm = 5=>H x 3.6=>V = Man Recognition @ 1800 Meters (1 1/5Mile) (2X engaged 2700 Meters Detection),
Small Vehicle or Vessel 3,600 Meters (2 ¼ mile)
(2X engaged 5400 Meters Detection) = FOV(in feet) 420’H x 315’V @ 1800m, FOV @ 100m 23’ H x 17’V
“IR-360 Camera Intrud-IR Alert Package”
**NOW OPERATES OVER ETHERNET NETWORK CONNECTION**
An optional windows based software or dedicated security module called “Alarm-IR Alert” will provide a variety of tools for the automatic detection of intruders in the field of view of multiple IR cameras (features outlined below).
Frame grabbers/Video Multiplexers
“Alarm-IR Alert uses a new concept unlike a video multiplexing system; (multiplexers) work by either ‘switching’ the video feed between a series of cameras and the single frame grabber, or by compressing the images (from all the cameras) down, and feeding them simultaneously into a single line. The obvious limitation with the first (switching) type is that the computer software (and operator) is NOT continuously monitoring the scene. Much like a pan & tilt, there are some periods where the system is “looking the other way”. The ‘compression’ type multiplexer causes loss of spatial resolution, though it maintains temporal resolution.
The “Alarm-IR Alert solution to this is to simply use a multiple signal frame grabber board in your PC (optionally supplied) or integrating the turn key “Alarm-IR Alert Module . By doing this, “no” loss of time resolution or spatial resolution is suffered. The “Alarm-IR Alert will monitor all four scenes continuously “Never Blinded”.
Image colorization is provided as a means of helping the operator to interpret the scene. Multiple user-selectable color palettes will be provided, and can also be defined by the operator. For example, ‘calibration’ images (perhaps a person in a small boat, or for land applications, an upright person on foot) could be captured and examined. Using the “Alarm-IR Alert Line/Area Profile Tools (described later), approximate min & max values for a human intruder could be defined and set. The ‘user defined’ color palette could then be used to assign a specific color to the approximate intensity range of a human intruder. Thus your intruder could be seen in high definition 256 colors while the area around him remains in black, gray and white scale. Such contrasting differences make it easy to follow the intruder.
This system will allow the user to set thresholds based on thermal signal intensity. The value of this is that signals received which are below or above the selected threshold value are simply ignored, which helps to cut down on false alarms.
The system will provide several filters for image enhancement, including image sharpening, noise reduction, and edge detection.
Line Profile/Area Statistics
These features are tools that the operator can use to determine which filters to use, and to help determine the parameter settings to be used for the alarms. By using these tools on a background image, the operator can determine what the ‘normal’ intensity values (and profiles) look like, and better chose the filters and threshold values that are appropriate.
Selectable Region of Interest
This feature allows the user to select an arbitrarily shaped area (or multiple areas) in the field of view to monitor. This allows the user to essentially ‘mask off’ areas where ‘normal traffic’ is seen, but still examines other areas of specific interest in the field of view.
Save & Load Different Profiles For Each Camera, or for Different Time Periods
Profiles (such as filters, color palettes, intensity thresholds, regions of interest) can be saved and recalled separately for each camera, and/or different times of day (for example, the ‘region of interest’ may change due to normal changes in activities or traffic patterns at different times of day, or thresholds & filters may change at different times due to reflections or solar loading). This feature allows for increased accuracy of the system as your operator becomes more proficient in building a stored intelligence into your system.
Comparing the image with a previous image will provide motion detection. This function can be combined with filtering & thresholding to provide an optimized system of image enhancement and motion detection. Additionally the false alarms so custom to visual motion detection are greatly reduced on the “Alarm-IR Alert” because the motion can be set to also contain the level of heat needed to trigger the alarm.
The system provides for subtraction of one frame from the next, to show the differential between images. This can be useful if an alarm is triggered by an intruder in a scene where there are normally many heat sources, and the intruder either stops moving or moves so slowly that the operator does not notice the relative motion. This feature can be set to record the image differential automatically, which immediately shows the operator (or a later reviewer) the source of the alarm.
Image Capture (by command or alarm)
The system will allow the user to (digitally) capture an image at any time by command, or automatically capture the scene (or the image differential) in the event of an alarm.
Audible alarms (triggered by motion detection) will be provided. Alarm can be configured to give different tones, based on the relative size, apparent speed, or intensity of the intruder.
A “write-only” text file is generated by each alarm, stating the time, the system configuration, and the image file name corresponding to the alarm. This text file will be un-erasable, and password protected so that it will only be accessible by those pre-approved to access it.
Operator Log In
The “Alarm-IR Alert” can be configured to require the operator to log in with a unique password, and to periodically update their login file during their shift (this feature performs a function similar to the Detex stations that security guards must periodically check in at, to assure that they are ‘awake’ and performing their duties).
System to System Communication (by command or alarm)
The optional “Smart” system built on the same concept as the USAF TASS enunciator will allow the user to command automatically higher power Pan & Tilt Thermal Imaging Cameras to turn to the area of the alarm for greater detail of the scene and operator tracking of an intruder.